Thursday, December 2, 2010

Letter of Inquiry 2

1 December 2010

543 Mountain Loop St.
Middleton, ID 83644

Golden Rice Humanitarian Board
contact@goldenrice.org

To the Golden Rice Humanitarian Board:

My name is Kayla Isham, and I am a student at the College of Western Idaho. I am conducting a research project on issues relating to genetically modified foods. As I have researched the benefits of genetically modified crops, the efforts surrounding the introduction of Golden Rice into the agricultural sects of underdeveloped countries has drawn my attention. I am writing to you in inquiry of the impacts of Golden Rice in these countries.

I noticed on the goldenrice.org website, a plethora of information exists regarding Golden Rice. This information certainly brings to attention the unrecognized benefits of the crop. In the charitable efforts of the Golden Rice Humanitarian Board, what has been the response of citizens in underdeveloped countries? What are the primary issues concerning the adoption of Golden Rice in these countries? How will these issues affect the future development of Golden Rice and other nutrient-enriched genetically modified crops?

I appreciate your time and consideration. A response would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Kayla Isham

No comments:

Post a Comment